“Ignorance has a cure; it’s called education.”
Mr. P.A Inamdar has been appointed by Government of India on the Planning Commission’s working group on higher education for the twelfth five year plan period 2012-2017. More recently he has been appointed on the ‘National Monitoring Committee for Minorities Education’, constituted by The Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India. The committee was reconstituted recently and Inamdar’s appointment is for a period of three years.
The Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India had formed a committee of senior members titled National Monitoring Committee for Minorities Education, and it has now, vide an order No. 6-4 /2010- MC (Pt) reconstituted this important panel.
One of the basic tenets of this committee is to ensure that all schemes are implemented thoroughly and lacunae if any is corrected and amendments to its charter suggested from time to time should they be required.
P A Inamdar is on this elite board which includes among others all the education ministers/secretaries of eight states, Lok Sabha MP’s, Rajya Sabha nominees, and eminent citizens pan India from all walks of life.
- Promoter & Builder
- Social Worker
- Legal Luminary
- Medical Visionary
Present Positions held relating to the profession of Building and Construction
- President, Ahura Builders, Pune
- Chairman, Tain Constructions, Pune
- Managing Director, Brad Berry Hotel, India
- Managing Director, Brad Berry Hotel, U.K.
- Managing Partner, Ahura Technologies, Pune
- Partner, Tain Technologies, Romania
- Past President, Promoters & Builders Association, Pune
- Vice-President, Maharashtra Chamber of Housing Industry
Present Positions held relating to Banking
- Chairman, The Muslim Co-operative Bank Ltd., Pune
- Convener, Western Zone, Central Panel, Assistance Education Programme in India, Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah
Present Positions held related to the field of Education
- President, Maharashtra Cosmopolitan Education Society, Pune
- President, Maharashtra Medical Education & Research Centre, Pune
- President, P.A. Inamdar Education Trust
- President, The Federation of Linguistic & Religious Minorities Education Institutions, Mumbai President, Everest Education Trust
- Chairman, Crescent India Medical Education Trust, Pune
- Chairman, Pune Oriental Education Trust
- Vice-President, Confederation of Minority Education Institutes of India
- Secretary, Golden Jubilee Education Trust
- Trustee, Haji Gulam Mohd Azam Education Trust
- Member, National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language, GOI, New Delhi
- Member, Management Council, Hamdard University, New Delhi, A Govt. of India Trust
- Member, Management Council, Aligarh Muslim University
- Member, Managing Committee, Ce-Cap Education Trust
- Member court (Senate) Jamia Milia Islamia Central University New Delhi
- Ex.Member, Pharmacy Council of India
- Member, Planning Commission of India on Higher Education New Delhi
Positions Held Relating to Social Work:
- Executive Vice-President, Maulana Azad Foundation, New Delhi
- Ex. Member, Civil Society Advocacy Committee for Poliomyelitis Eradication, Jamia, Hamdard Deemed University, New Delhi
- Trustee, Yateemkhana & Madarsa Anjuman Khairul Islam, Mumbai
- Trustee, Tayabia Orphanage, Pune
- Member. Advisory Group, Centre for Equity & Social Justice, YASHADA, Pune
- Ex Member, Maharashtra State Minorities Commission, Mumbai
Positions Held Relating to Legal Work
Mr. Inamdar despite having no qualified legal background in Law is recognized as an absolute authority in the following legal areas: He has been consulted by Head’s of Various Institutions, Leaders of Various Communities, such as Christians, Parsis, Sikhs, Jains, Malyalies, Gujaratis, Sindhis, Punjabis, Politicians, Bureaucrats, and the Common folk, at an all India level.
- Laws relating to the establishment and administration of Educational Institutes
- Laws in respect of rights of religious and linguistic Minorities in respect of establishing and administering educational institutions
- Laws pertaining to the rights of the socially and educationally backward classes (OBC’s)
- Laws concerned with Co-operative Banking and Co-op Societies Act
- Laws relating to the Construction and Building Industry
- Land revenue code
- Urban land ceiling and regulation Act
- Town Planning Act
- Income Tax Act
- Labour Laws
- Law on Gratuity
- Law on GPF
- Different laws on service conditions of Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Tenancy Laws
- Land acquisition Act
An orator par excellence, Mr. Inamdar has a unique oratorical style comparable to none. He has delivered lectures and speeches not only across the length and breadth of India but globally as well. He has spoken as the Keynote speaker, Chairman and Presiding Officer at many a national and international level Seminar, workshop and conference. He is as comfortable giving a speech in his native Kannada as he is in delivering a lecture in Hindi, Urdu, English or Marathi.
Knowledge of Comparative Religion
Mr. Inamdar has a comprehensive knowledge of all religious scriptures and laws and is an accepted authority on discussions on comparative religion with a view to achieving intercommunity harmony. He believes, if God is one, his message to all mankind is ONE.
A philanthropist by nature he has donated generously for the establishment of educational institutions across India. A never say no to help, he has also helped in the establishment of a number of hospitals, orphanages and charitable trusts in India.
A Loving Son
A loving son, he has paid tribute to his parents by establishing educational Institutions in their name. He has established many Schools and High Schools all in the name of his mother “Tahirunnisa Inamdar” at Bijipur, his native place, and many other towns in Maharashtra. He has also established Public Libraries and a Girls Senior College at Bijapur in the name of his father “A R S Inamdar.
He has been appointed by Government of India on the Planning Commission’s working group on higher education for the twelfth five year plan period 2012-2017. He is also a member of the high powered National Monitoring Committee for Minorities Education.
He is single handedly responsible for bringing 60 Muslim Communities in the Official Government list of OBC’s thereby enabling thousands of Muslim youth to take the advantages offered by the government of India to OBC’s in the field of reservation of government employment and educational institutes.
As Chairman of Muslim Co-op Bank, Pune, he has been instrumental in increasing the deposits of the Bank from Rs 6 Crores to Rs 400 Crores .He has also added 20 branches to the Muslim Co-op Bank, Pune, thereby increasing the branch strength from 4 branches to 24 branches.
His innovative housing, finance and educational schemes have resulted in at least one youth in every Muslim family in Pune city being benefited either educationally, employment wise or from the housing angle, due to his efforts. He is thus credited with not only changing the face of the Muslim Community in Pune, but also changing the thinking process of the Muslim Community.
He is responsible for the transformation of “Azam Campus”, Pune, from a barren stretch of 23 acres of land running 2 primary and 2 high schools into a beehive of educational activity where today, 32 educational institutions including 9 Professional Colleges exist.
Just to name a few of them.
- M.A. Rangoonwala College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre
- Allana Institute of Management Sciences
- Allana College of Pharmacy
- Allana College of Architecture
- Z.V. M. Unani Medical College and Hospital
- M.A. Rangoonwala College of Physiotherapy and Research
- New Law Academy
- M.A.Rangoonwala Institute of Hotel Management & Research
- HGM Azam College of Education (B.Ed and M.Ed)
- Abeda Inamdar Senior College of Arts Science and Commerce
- PAI International Learning Solutions
Once again in the field of education, because of his initiative and support hundreds of schools, high schools and colleges have been established all over India by various Societies and Trusts.
He is tirelessly working to import knowledge of Information Technology to poor, needy & deserving students, at Azam Campus For this he is supporting many Educational Institutions in Pune city and elsewhere. By 2012 he desires to completely bring E-Teaching, E-Learning & E-Administration at Azam Campus.
He has taken it upon himself to modernize Madrassa education, and due to his involvement in this sector; the conditions of Madrassa education in India have seen a sea change with subjects like computers and English language and Mathematics being introduced here too. He has also been working on and has achieved some success in changing the attitude of the teachers in Madrassa education and Imams of Mosques by providing educational medical and financial support.
The true spirit of Mr. Inamdar is visible only upon a visit to any one Institution with which he is connected. Be it Azam Campus, or Muslim co-op Bank, the greenery speaks about his commitment to Cleanliness and environmental issues; the finances speak about his financial genius; the merit list and achievements whether of the students or staff, speak about his commitment, dedication and perseverance; the absolute confidence and authority of all the administrative and management staff nurtured by him, speaks volumes about his managerial ability; and the mixed group of students and staff coming from all castes ,creed and religions speak about his secular nature. Institutions controlled by Mr. Inamdar are what Mr. Inamdar is: Clean, Green, Progressive and Giving with bias towards none and Charity towards all.